Distributed to Subscribing Volunteers, Members & Directors of the Access Group
|Sub Group||Access Committee|
|Attendees:||DH, KA, SR,JK,JC,AC,MS|
|Item No.||Priority||Discussion /Agreed Action||To be Actioned By||Deadline||Comment||Status|
|1||1||Inaugural meeting of the Access Committee the following positions were unanimously agreed by all present
Chair – Duncan Holmes
Vice Chair – Steve Roberts
Secretary – Mark Symonds
|2||1||The ongoing structure and governance of the wider CIC and how the Access Committee will operate was presented by KA||All||complete|
|3||1||It was agreed to compile a list of access issues for broads anglers and assess issues for priority||DH||DH will create a master list and circulate to the Access group members, directors and CIC members, for ongoing population and identification of projects||Ongoing|
|4||1||Trinity Platforms||DA, JK,MS||The committee met prior to the meeting at the fishing platforms to the south of the A149 at Rollesby Broad.
These platforms had been scheduled for immediate removal by the BA. KA had managed to block the immediate removal pending review. BASG to consider taking over the management of the asset. DA, JK and MS to lead on this project. Please refer to separate report on this project
|5||1||Norwich City Corridor||KA, NC, TG||The wider project involving Improvement of the Norwich River Corridor will consider angling. KA, NC and TG have been working with Adrian Clarke (BA) on this. Areas for improved bankside access have been identified. KA, NC and TG to continue this work and report back to the Access Commitee with updates.||ongoing|
|6||2||Slipways||DH||It was agreed that the committee should compile a database of all slipways within the Broads area with a view to
1) Identifying where access is restricted and resolving
2) Identifying where maintenance is required
3) Locating areas where slipways are required
4) Creation of spade ready projects for new slipways, to maximise chance of securing funding at short notice should it become available.
DA will create master list and circulate to Directors, Members and Committee chairs. DH to contact Terry Kett.
|7||1||Speeding of large craft creating endangerment to small craft users||DH||Formal Letter to be sent to BA regarding the incidents of speeding by large craft on the broads rivers. DH will draft and send to Directors for comment.|
|8||1||Whittlingam Broad||KA||KA has been accepted as one of the Whittlingham Trusties through his role within BA. Early discussion have been ongoing to develop Whittlingham Broad resource in a similar model to Ferry Meadows at Peterborough. KA to report back to the Access Committee with Updates.||Ongoing|
|9||1||Insurance||KA/DH||It has been confirmed that our insurance provide cover for platforms, (re Rollesby). Copy of email is filed in Dropbox/Company/Insurance Docs||complete|
|10||1||Administration of Assets Risk||KA/DH||Insurance will require that all assets are regularly inspected and formally assessed. KA has provided a draft document for a Safety Management System. DH to review and circulate for approval.||ongoing|
|11||3||Restricted Access to Tidal Broads||DH||Group to look longer term at the access restrictions on tidal broads, create a database of closed broads and identify those where access rights could be challenged.||ongoing|