Distributed to Subscribing Volunteers, Members & Directors of the Environment Group
|Environment Sub Group
|JC, AC, DT, SL, SR, PD
|AK, RA, MS
|Discussion /Agreed Action
|To be Actioned By
|Salinity Project, Lots of recent salt incursions had been reported. SL reported that the Slipper Dam project was on going.
Modelling of Acle Dyke as a fish refuge had been completed and that project was moving to the next stage. Discussion about evidence needed regarding the River Chet as a possible fish refuge on the Yare.
AC to research ‘Bait Boat Sonar Technology’
|Tagging Project. Going well- SL to complete a bullet point summary of project so far. It was noted that the anglers participation in this was essential, especially with regard to funding applications.
|Prymnesium. There are issues regarding the EA and BA not bringing planning issues re dredging etc. to the Prymnesium working group. Also there needs to be concerted effort to ensure Hydrogen Peroxide is carried on Dredgers. SL to convene a meeting of the Prymnesium working group.
|Task Force. The first attempt of putting some kind of task force together is for the Lower Waveney Salt monitoring project. Will need a group of volunteers to be able to monitor the salt ingress when we have warnings from the EA. DT to lead.
|Predation. This was to be deferred to later meetings.
|Closed Season. This will be an EA decision. This group to send a response to the EA.
There is also a review of angling bylaws being undertaken.
|Ranworth Biomanipulation Project. This is a small scale project that the EA have been consulted with. Some of the funding has been made available for further Tagging in the area. Data for the Northern rivers salinity monitoring has been valuable for this project.
|Future meetings. Next meeting to be in January. All 2019 meetings will then be scheduled at that meeting.